Tuesday, December 22, 2009

First NET attempt didnt go well :(

Finally I am done with the CSIR NET examination last Sunday. It did not go very well. The first paper which is the objective one should have been good because not qualifying in the first paper would mean the second paper left uncorrected. The second paper was good however, I attempted twelve out of 16 required. In the first paper I could attempt around 55-60 out of 100 required. And since there is negative marking in the first paper I am not very much hopeful of clearing it. Anyway NET is not necessarily a one-time affair, I can give a number of attempts till I am 28 year old. Both the journey from and to Pune was horrible. We went by a bus, which was a air conditioned volvo but it sucked more than a government non-AC bus. It took around five hours to reach Pune. But the place we stayed in Pune was superb. The person is a colleague of one my friend's dad. He made real good arrangement for all of us and took us to a restaurant where we had some real good food (which I don't generally expect in Bombay). The examination center was pathetic, it took a long time to find out the room where we are supposed to write our exam. My room was in the 3rd floor of a stupid building where there was no toilet. I had to walk downstairs and go behind the building to piss. Really horrible. Exam was horrible as I have already mentioned. The only good thing was the food we had in lunch. I was surprised by the good and not too spicy food in Pune in both the restaurants we went. The city overall looked cleaner than Bombay. The journey back from Pune to Bombay was too hectic. We came by intercity express general class and may be because of weekend it was highly crowded (quite comparable to a bombay local from Thane to VT at peak hours). I could not find any seat, I could not even move my body while standing, I am still feeling tired because of that. Anyway we enjoyed the trip much more than the exam. Hope I will perform better in my next NET attempt :P

No comments: