Thursday, December 17, 2009

Ohh God..please take me out of this...

Life was pretty cool until few days back. Suddenly so many things have started occupying my mind:
1. Today is December 17th and still grades for the course HS 699 which I did in the last semester have not yet come. The Department should have sent the seminar presentation skill marks to the Academic office but the stupid losers have not done yet. When I went to the academic office they told me that all the students whose marks have not come from the department will be given NP(Not Passed) grades. Can you believe this? It was this damn useless course for which I have come to IITB campus from IIT Gn (where my supervisor is) sacrificing my research and even after attending most of the lectures and passing the written component, I am in a situation of being failed just because the stupid department forgot to send my seminar marks. Nothing can be more frustrating than this.
2. I need to register for PhD which has already been delayed by almost one year for similar stupid reasons. And since HS 699 grades have not come yet I am not being able to do this important thing also.
3. I am planning to go to WHEPP, Asian Winter School, SERC Main School in the next semester for which I need to take academic leave from the institute. I also want to go to PRL, Ahmedabad for some research work. Basically I need to apply for academic leave for the whole semester. In a sucking institute like IITB, this is not a very trivial process. I have to write an application to Dean AP which will be forwarded by my supervisor and head of Physics department. After approval from Dean AP comes I need to write to Dean SA again forwarded by my supervisor and head of department for hostel room retention. I have hardly one week for all these, I just hope I will be able to get all these done.
4. I have the stupid NET exam on next Sunday that too in Pune, three hour journey from Bombay. Its unbelievable that CSIR-UGC don't consider a city like Bombay appropriate for conducting NET examination. I have to go to Pune one night before so that the next day I can reach the examination center on time.
5. There is no food in the hostel from 19th December and no canteen also. Gonna starve like hell :(
I just hope God (if He exists) will take me out of all these shits soon.

No comments: