Saturday, November 14, 2009

Next semester will be more into travelling than research :P

As suggested by my supervisor I have finally decided to attend both WHEPP (02-12 Jan, 2010) as well as the Asian Winter school (organized by ICTS from 11-20 Jan, 2010). However I will be missing three days of WHEPP since I have to leave Ahmedabad on 10th Jan and go to Mahabaleshwar where the winter school will be held. I am also hopeful of getting selected for the SERC main school in Punjab University during the month of April. In between I am also planning to go home for two weeks. As of now, it seems I will have to travel like hell from next month onwards. Just after this sem gets over, I am planning to go to Gandhinagar for one or two weeks for some work, then will come back again to Bombay. In the last week of December I will go to Delhi for new year eve celebration from where I will directly come to Ahmedabad for WHEPP. Since nobody is going to pay for my travel expenses, I have booked all the tickets in sleeper class of Indian Railway to keep my expenditure low. I am wondering after all these journey till 20th January, whether I will have any energy left to go again by train to my hometown which takes around 60 hours from Bombay by the only train in that route. I have to look for some cheap flight tickets for sure. After my home trip I may directly go to Ahmedabad to work with my collaborators in PRL. But that's not yet decided, I am just hopeful of going there. Otherwise there won't be any progress if I stay in my home institute since my supervisor will be off for Canada for one year starting January 1.

No comments: