Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Too many confusions....

As it is obvious from one of my previous posts, I am having lots of confusions regarding the workshop, schools, conference I am going to attend shortly. Although I have decided to attend both WHEP (partially) and Asian Winter School, today I got a mail from WHEP organizers asking me to send them my working group preferences. I was interested in Neutrinos and Beyond Standard Model Physics group among others like Astroparticle physics and Cosmology. But today I saw the WHEP web-page where the working group themes were given. I was surprised that the Neutrino and BSM working group themes have all neutrino physics stuffs like neutrino oscillation, INO(Indian Neutrino Observatory) Physics, CP -violation etc. I was thinking there would be many other interesting topics like supersymmetry, GUT etc. I still believe these will somehow come into the discussions there, otherwise I will definitely give up if people just keep talking about the $\theta_{13}$ parameter of neutrino oscillations. To clear my confusion regarding the preference of working group I mailed to my supervisor and he asked me to give the Neutrino and BSM group as 1st preference since the probable participants in this group will be more into model building in particle physics (which is of my interest) than the Astroparticle Physics group.
To my surprise I have also got a mail from the organizers of a conference called Particle Physics at the LHC era in Chile. I completely forgot that I even registered for it. Since it clashes with WHEP, I had to send the organizers a mail saying I won't be able to come. It could have been nice to visit Chile, although such countries don't get much attention, yet I have a dream to visit places like Latin America, Africa at some point of my life.

No comments: