Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The 4th Asian Winter School on Strings, Particles and Cosmology

Today I have got a mail from the organizers asking me to give the travel details if I would like to attend the Asian Winter School on Strings, Particles and Cosmology to be held in Mahabaleshwar, India from 11 January to 20th January, 2010. It would be a great pleasure to attend this school since many big shots from across the world including Harvard, Princeton are coming. But this school has a date clash with WHEPP (2 Jan-12 Jan) about which I have mentioned in the previous post. I am quite surprised since both the school as well as the workshop have been organized by the same institute ICTS (International Center for Theoretical Science, http://www.icts.res.in/). Although the school will cover mainly theoretical aspects from string theory point of view and the workshop is on phenomenology, yet I believe there will be lots of people who have common interests in both strings as well as HEP phenomenology. It could have been nice to leave an option for such people having common interest to attend both the school and the workshop. Although the phenomenology workshop is more important for me from my current research point of view, I am not being able to resist my temptation of bunking the last two days of workshop and go to the school ;). Anyway I am hopeful of arriving at conclusion which one to attend before it is too late..:)

No comments: