Thursday, May 14, 2009

Do I have enough Reasons to quit PhD...??

Life has become worst in the last couple of days. Neither I am doing anything important nor my works so far has been checked by my supervisor so that I can at least finish it and move to a new problem. By the way he has not given me any new things to work on also. I am kinda jobless here, I really hate this kind of life where you got nothing to do. To add to my nightmares I got to know he is going to Canada on sabbatical leave for may be 6 months or one year. For the last one year he is not there in our home institute. Somehow I managed to come to IIT Gandhinagar (where he is working) for the spring semester. My last autumn semester was a total loss since we were in two different places. And the next autumn semester will be a perfect disaster for me since it is going to be just a repetition of the previous autumn semester: Advisor and Student in two different places. Now he is saying after the end of next autumn semester he is going to Canada...wow....Do I need more reasons to celebrate? I am really frustrated and feeling like I am on the Highway to Hell....I wish I could quit PhD at this stage and start everything anew....

No comments: