Saturday, July 10, 2010

No work and all roaming!

I did some work related to unification of couplings as well as fermion masses in a specific supersymmetric model. After the work is done and a 14 page draft is written, I came to know that the assumption I have taken in the calculation is not always correct. I have mentioned that in one of my previous post that I assumed the validity of survival hypothesis which says that the physical mass of the scalars are same as the mass parameters that arise in the lagrangian or superpotential. But this is not always true as shown by some authors few years back. The second problem which I have recently caught my notice is that one group had already done similar studies related to the same model I am working. But they did not although considered the fermion mass running and all. I have no clue if whatever I have done so far is good enough for making the work complete. My supervisor seems to be optimistic about it but I am not. I have two more pending works which I will start only after coming back from ICTP on 31st July. This one and half months starting from mid June to July end don't look much fruitful as I have not done any work but just roaming here and there. Looking forward to the end of my academic trips!

No comments: