Friday, July 2, 2010

Life@Winchester

Today is my last day at Winchester, UK. I came here on Monday, 28th June to attend a workshop called TOOLS at Winchester campus of University of Southampton. This is a small and beautiful city, two hour journey from London. My hotel was around 3-4 km away from the city, and walking everyday in the morning and the afternoon was very enjoyable with beautiful valleys on both sides of the road. The weather is fluctuating a lot, sometimes it gets hot, sometimes it rains but overall it was comfortable for an Indian at least. The workshop went fine, many experts from across the world who develop various numerical codes for high energy physics computations came and gave updates about their respective packages and future projects. Although four days are not enough to learn lots of things, yet I got to know of many useful tools which I never heard before. The food here was typical English food with just bread, meat, fruits, drinks in the meal. I am dying to eat rice and roti, have to wait another two days anyway. I am leaving for Bournemouth after two hours, will meet a friend there and will leave for London tomorrow evening. Will update again after I reach India.

No comments: