Wednesday, June 23, 2010

TOOLS'2010

I am going to participate in the conference cum workshop called TOOLS (http://www.next-institute.ac.uk/tools2010.html) to be held at University of Southampton from 29th June to 2nd July,2010. This will basically involve series of lectures and tutorials on some very useful numerical packages which are often used in particle physics phenomenology. I am typically interested in learning some packages which can be used in various dark matter related phenomenology for example, micromega, darksusy etc. Of course, packages like Pythia will also be something I would look forward to learning. Let's see how much can be learned in a four day long workshop. Giving talk there is optional, not compulsory. My visa formalities were killing my time and peace in such a way that I could not even plan a talk. I could give a talk on my recent arxiv pre-print I mentioned in one of my previous posts. I will try to keep the slides ready anyhow, and if I get some free slot there, may be I will request the organizers to give me an opportunity. I am flying on 28th June, will reach LHR in the morning, planning to roam a little and them go to Southampton. I am also planning to stay there on 3rd and 4th July just to roam around in London , will come back on 5th July.

No comments: