Thursday, June 10, 2010

End of my stay @PRL :'(

The official duration of my visit to PRL is going to expire on June 30th. However I am leaving before that as I have to do some visa formalities in Bombay. In the last three years I have visited many institutes, but did not get attached to any one of them like I have got to PRL. I hardly feel like leaving this place, but have no choice. The crowd, the hostel, the food, the facilities were superb here. I found them much better than those in IITB. One good thing here is that it's a small institute with less number of people and all are more or less familiar to me. But in a place like IITB where there are five thousands students in around twenty departments, most of the people are unfamiliar to me. Moreover, being a lazy person, the city Ahmedabad suits me much more than Bombay. There are many such factors which made me fall in love with this place. My love for this place helped me do some good work, learning couple of new things also, which hardly happened during my stay at IITB. I wrote a paper on left-right symmetric models with spontaneous D-parity breaking which is being finalized now and will be put in arXiv tomorrow or may be next week. I will post the technical details of the work very soon. Thanks to my supervisor here as well as my friends for various useful discussions which helped me to finish the work. I would love to come back to this place again and again and get some good work done. And leaving aside work, I always have many reasons to visit PRL, may it be cricket, volleyball and....

No comments: