Tuesday, February 9, 2010

In Ahmedabad once again!

I reached Ahmedabad today morning by Ashram express from Delhi. The weather here is a bit hotter than Delhi. People have started using electric fans. Yesterday the weather in Delhi was so awesome that I was not feeling like boarding the train to Ahmedabad. It was raining there and with the mercury going down, the weather became ideal for a night out party. I wish I could be with my crazy cousins and friends there. Anyway, I reached PRL, Thaltej campus at around 8 30 in the morning. Thank God, they provided me a single room to stay. Since I know couple of students here from before, I am not feeling as lonely as one might have expected. I went to the PRL main campus at 9 am and came back by 3 pm. The traffic was as crazy as I saw one year before, there is absolutely no traffic light and except a few junctions, there were no traffic police also to handle the traffic. People drive their cars in whatever way they like which made the streets really chaotic and scary. I hardly think I would dare to drive on such streets. Forget about driving, even walking is too scary to me. Thank God I could come back safely to the hostel after walking around 3 kms to the market for buying something. Apart from the traffic and very hot summer, I have absolutely no complain about the city. People say Gujarati food is not good, but I have no problem with that. After coming out from my state Assam seven years before I have tasted so many different varieties of food that any food is okay with me nowadays if its not very spicy. I hope to have some good time ahead here both academically as well as non-academically.

No comments: