Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Doing research through Skype ;-)

When I installed skype for the first time, I never thought I will be doing research related things with it. I just wanted to see my friends, relatives and talk to them free of cost. But yesterday I had a skype meeting with my PhD supervisor (who is on sabbatical leave nowadays). We had around 15 minutes chat where we discussed about the work I was doing with him and some possible things we might wish to look at. It was much better than e-mail discussions I must say, where I have to wait till someone read my mail and reply back, and in some cases by the time I get the reply, I forget the topic of discussion ;). Till we get back to one place, I hope we will be communicating through skype only. I was busy with doing some corrections to my first paper with my friend and was not being able to look at the work with my guide properly. I have finished all the corrections today and hopefully they will be enough for the paper to get published. I am really dying to focus my attention to some new and interesting work (which also includes the work I have been doing with my supervisor).

No comments: