Thursday, February 25, 2010

Congratulations Sachin

Yesterday he finally made it what people might have speculated for years. His knock will keep all his critics silent forever I believe. I too felt I was really wrong when I used to criticize him for not playing well up to the expectations on many occasions since my childhood. Although I missed most part of his innings, I was lucky enough to watch the last two overs. I was rushing to my hostel from my lab in the evening and thank God I could reach the TV room before the innings ended. It was really heart-touching to watch him taking the 200th run. Although the place where I stay is a bit solitary, I heard of celebrations across India when he reached the mark, my brother called me up saying the atmosphere near his house in Guwahati was like some big festival. It was really a never before occasion in the history of cricket and of course was worth celebrating.

No comments: