Friday, February 12, 2010

Aloo Pitika and Kukura Xaak @CCD, Guwahati ;-)

During my recent trip to Guwahati, I went to the Cafe Coffee Day, Dighali Pukhuri. I thought I will order some frappe which I do every time I go there. But when I had a look at the menu I was surprised to see some new items there. They have included some local food items. One of them was Aloo pitika Puff: Potatoes cooked with green herbs filled in a puff pastry, and the other was Kukura Xaak Sandwich: Chicken cooked with green herbs and stuffed in rice bread. Kukura and Xaak are Assamese words which mean Chicken and Green Herbs respectively. I ordered both of them, and although they are not very great, but the taste was really different, a never before experience. I hope CCD will keep including many new exotic items into the menu in future.

No comments: