Saturday, January 9, 2010

WHEPP XI was awesome!

I am leaving Ahmedabad tonight although WHEPP XI is not over yet. It will be going on till 12th Jan, but since I have to attend the Asian Winter School at Mahabaleshwar from 11th Jan, I have to leave tonight so that I can catch the bus arranged by ICTS from Mumbai International airport to Mahabaleshwar tomorrow. Although during first two days of WHEPP I was kind of giving up with the hectic schedule, now I think I am gonna miss the last three days. It was fun as well as very useful. I came to know about so many different areas of work as well as some unsolved crucial problems. I could think of some new ideas also which I don't know how much do make sense. The best part was attending the talks/discussions by so many famous people working on HEP phenomenology like K.S. Babu, Manfred Lindner, He (the person behind type 3 seesaw), D.P.Roy, Rohini Godbole, George W.S. Hou, Amol Dighe, Thomas Hambye, Silvia Pascoli, Anjan Joshipura and many others. It was really great interacting with many of them. PRL, Ahmedabad made really good arrangements for the participants leaving no options for us to complain about. Hats off to the organizers! I also got the permit to work in PRL for next six months with Prof Utpal Sarkar and my friend Patra which is a big relief for me after the frustrating semester I spent in IIT Bombay without doing any work. I will be coming back to PRL in February first week since I will be going home after the winter school. Will update about the school next time I sing into the blogosphere.

No comments: