Friday, December 11, 2009

Back in Bombay

I came back last night from Guwahati. The train was awfully late but the journey was peaceful as I got some nice company, a family from Jorhat and Chetan Bhagat's latest book Two States. The book is not a very good one but gave me a good company during the journey which is otherwise horrible as always. The story is dramatic, like many bollywood movies which describes the problems with inter-community marriages in India. The way Chetan has written it looks as if he has just copied everything from his diary with little changes in the names of different persons involved. Anyway although this is his fourth novel, it is the first one I have read, that too under compulsion as I had nothing else to do during the 58 hour long train journey.
The cold weather in Guwahati gave me cold, cough and a very bad throat which I am yet to recover from. Just after coming back I got two good news: I got AA in the quantum optics exam (I have no clue how it happened) and I got an invitation from the SERC main school organizers to attend the school in April. With the coursework finally over and me passing them, it seems like everything will happen in the next semester like I had planned. But I am still not sure about the PRL thing, whether I will be able to shift from IITB to PRL for the whole semester. Hope that will happen otherwise I am screwed again. One headache now is to appear the NET exam on Dec 20th which I had registered without thinking if I would be able to prepare for it at all. I got photocopy of the NET guide book almost two months back but yet to open its first page. With just nine days remaining for the exam, I am not being able to gather courage to go through it. Anyway I am not sure at all if I will appear it, lets see..if I feel I know at least 30 percent of the syllabus by Dec 19th, I will probably appear it.

No comments: