Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thanks to Media for creating too much hype about Swine flu ;)

Most of us are aware of the swine flu panic in India 2-3 months back. The panic was more because of media hype and not because of the death toll. Finally the government had to come in between media and public asking the media not to give too much publicity which may create chaos in public life. Although the media hype was for no good in the public interest, it however had a good effect in me. I was so scared that I started taking extra care. Suddenly, healthy and hygienic food became a priority in my life which I am afraid if were there in the past at all. Previously I used to miss breakfast almost everyday, but life after that has totally changed. I never miss breakfast nowadays, try to eat enough food no matter how bad the taste is. And the best thing was I quit smoking almost during that time. Although I did not see any link between swine flu and smoking, yet I did not want to take any risk and made sure that I don't consume anything which may be harmful. Now after completing three months without smoking, I feel that I don't have any interest in it. I don't know why I started smoking few years back, may be just for fun. I used to smoke during the most relaxing time in a day, contrary to others probably who smoke only when they get tensed. Although there was no need of smoking in my life, I just used to smoke casually and suddenly it became a kind of addiction. However it was not very bad as I never took more than one cigarette per day. Anyway I feel very happy today that I am not used to such a bad habit now. It really sucks! Thanks a lot again to the unwanted media hype :)

No comments: