Saturday, November 21, 2009

8522km

8522 km...Don't think I am talking about some new neutrino baseline which people might guess since they always complain I never write anything other than physics. It's the distance I have to cover by Indian Railways during a span of just one month from 2nd Dec to 10 Jan. It could have been fun if trains were like some of those in Europe. But the trains here are disgusting, they don't have good catering service, clean toilets, clean stations as well. And the worst thing is the crowd, they are simply unbearable nowadays specially those who travel in the second class non-AC compartments. But after spending lots of money on my home trip by air during Durga puja two months back, I can't even afford to make journey by AC-coach of Indian Railways. Except for one ticket, I have made all the tickets in non-AC coaches. The problem is the school and workshop I will be attending in between are not providing me any travel grant also, so not in a mood to spend money from my own pocket. Hope I will enjoy the journey somehow. Even if it's not enjoyable, hope it won't be embarrassing as it happens in many case when trains get delayed by so many hours. Just keeping my fingers crossed now :)

No comments: