Thursday, October 1, 2009

Durga Puja 2009 at Home after 4 years

After four long years, this year I could somehow manage to enjoy durga puja in my state Assam. Although it was my shortest home trip ever, yet it was really enjoyable may be because of the festive environment there. I went there on 24th September and came back on 29th September. Although there is no official holiday for Durga Puja in IIT Bombay, I missed only one class during this period. The weather in Assam was unusually hot during Puja, there was hardly any rainfall, but still I was so happy to be there that the weather had very little impact on my enjoyment. Although my family members were a bit upset when I left home without staying for two complete days, they did not say anything. My journey was cool this time since I did not take the stupid direct train from Mumbai to Guwahati which usually takes around sixty hours. I went there by Jet Airways and came back by Indigo. This was my third journey by domestic aircraft, I was very much surprised by the fact that even the top quality domestic airlines like Jet Airways do not provide any food (except a tiny drinking water bottle) without any extra charges. Indigo was even worse in the sense that they don't give water bottles for free. It seems next time I should not forget to bring my own watter bottle as well as some food each time I travel by a domestic aircraft.
Share/Bookmark

No comments: