Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Ridiculous.....:(

This is the most ridiculous thing ever happened to me. I got selected in the "3rd International Summer School in Astroparticle Physics Nijmegen", the Netherlands (http://nijmegen09.hef.kun.nl/)where they also accepted my work on "Dark matter candidates in Supersymmetric Left-Right Models" for an oral presentation. They offered me financial assistance of 1000 Euro which will cover my local expenses there. However they refused to give me travel grant. Accordingly I asked my supervisor if I could get some travel grant from my home institute itself. He said since I am giving a presentation there on my work in principle I deserve to get a travel grant. I wrote an application to the Dean AP and attached the selection letter from the School organizers. My guide forwarded the application to the dean AP more than ten days after I sent it to him. Then he asked me to go to Dean AP 's office here to know details about the grant. When I went to the Dean AP's office the people sitting there said I can apply for grant but I will be informed about the approval only by the end of second week of August. It was so odd to me since I have to leave on 18th August for Amsterdam if at all I wish to attend the school. I can't even promise the organizers that I would be coming and at the last moment cancel my program due to non-approval of the travel grant. This was so embarrassing for me that I finally given up all my hopes to attend the school and did not even apply for the travel grant. Thats how things happen in one of the best institutes in India. Its damn fuckin ridiculous...

No comments: