Friday, June 5, 2009

My recent visit to CTP

While I was in New Delhi last week, I got a chance to visit CTP (Centre for Theoretical Physics), Jamia Millia Islamia (http://www.ctp-jamia.res.in/). It was an unofficial visit however. I mailed Dr. Rathin Adhikari there before I left for Delhi and he happily agreed to have some chat with me to discuss about the recent model worked out by him and other co-authors including Ernest Ma. It was a pleasant weather. I reached there at noon. The campus as well as the surrounding place was fantastic. It is very close to New Friend's Colony which is supposed to be a very posh area in South Delhi. Specially the facilities research scholars get there is mind-blowing (well that may be because we here in IIT Bombay get absolutely nothing in terms of such facilities). There the students have their own individual cabin with computers, internet, book-shelves etc etc. I wish my home institute made such effort to provide some facilities. Anyway my meeting with Dr. Adhikari was very nice. We talked about the prospects of dark matter in his model in the context of positron excess data observed by PAMELA, ATIC etc. He asked me to come next day also but unfortunately I had other plans and I told him I would keep communicating through mails regarding any progress in this work. Link

No comments: