Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Finally got rid of sneutrino vev...:)

Finally I could get a vacuum in our model with no sneutrino(super-partner of the neutrino) vev(vacuum expectation value). That is quite relaxing for me since R-parity will be preserved now in the model. I have seen many models where people work with sneutrino vev also, but somehow I don't prefer that kind of scenario. The main problem in that case would be the stability of the dark matter candidates. In our model however one sparticle gets a vev. It is the superpartner of a sterile neutrino which we have added as a gauge singlet with zero B-L charge. I think even if it gets vev, R-parity won't be violated since it has zero B-L charge and R-parity is defined as $R_P =(-1)^{3(B-L)+2s}$, where s is the spin of the particle. I hope the remaining things will be pretty simple after getting the vacuum solution..........:)

No comments: