Sunday, June 5, 2011

Monsoon 2011

Season's first rain has finally arrived on June 2nd in the city of Bombay giving the much needed relief from the scorching heat and humidity. Although full fledged monsoon is going to arrive only after June 10th, these pre-monsoon showers are serving a good purpose as well. First rain brings a festive mood to the people of any Indian city I guess, a festive spirit beyond religious boundaries where everyone just come out of their home, office to celebrate by getting drenched in the rain. Although the first rain of the season could be dangerous to get drenched in, yet nobody seems to care about that. Being from Assam, where rain comes very often I am not so much enthusiastic although to go out and get drenched, but yet I love rain a lot, I always keep looking forward to it, it reminds me of my home, my childhood...it feels just awesome. In most parts of India, rain brings an end to the depressing brownish look of the hills, forests and covers them with a fresh green envelope. I know, it sounds exactly opposite to most of Europe where rain brings depression ;-) My landlord in Munich, Germany went crazy when I told him that Indians love rain a lot and we welcome it with immense pleasure. Anyway hope rain lasts longer this time, keeping Bombay cool and enjoyable :)

No comments: