Friday, February 25, 2011

My last SERC school :)

The days I spent in Delhi during the SERC school 2011 were simply amazing and they were pretty much same as my BSc days there. I never thought I will be commuting everyday from North Delhi to Jamia to attend the lectures which starts at 9:15 am and that was the very reason I sent couple of requests to some of the people in CTP, Jamia I know, to provide me an accommodation. And I am very thankful to them for making my accommodation ready after 3-4 days of my arrival in Delhi. But once I started staying with my ccousins/friends in North Campus, it became really difficult to shift to Jamia. As a result I continued to travel everyday back and forth. My everyday journey used to start at 7:30 am, I took metro from GTB Nagar to Nehru Place and then took bus to Jamia and somehow managed to reach the classroom on time. Although my plan was to attend only the LHC course, I could not stop myself from attending the other two lectures, namely Black Hole thermodynamics and Inflation. Although I was not following the black hole lectures towards the end, yet it was always pleasant to attend lectures by a speaker like Prof Ashoke Sen. The inflation course was a bit fast specially for those who had not studied it earlier. But to me this course was very much kind of informative in the sense that I got to know the usual path which one should follow to build his/her own inflationary model. The LHC course part II was as good as the first one. Both Gautam and Sreerup did a great job.

No comments: