Wednesday, January 19, 2011

XXVI SERC THEP Main School

The XXVI SERC school in THEP will be in CTP, Jamia (New Delhi) from 31st January to 20th February'2011. The format this time is slightly different in the sense that instead of usual four courses in every main schools, this school will have three courses only: Black Hole Physics (9 lectures by Ashoke Sen), Inflation (9 lectures by Sreeramkumar) and New Physics at LHC (18 lectures by Sreerup and Gautam). I would have loved to attend the third course but I already disqualified myself by attending two main schools already. I am still thinking of attending this course unofficially, but there some issues with accommodation in Delhi and all. Although I am not in a mood of traveling yet the courses as well as the lecturers this time are so awesome that it's worth making an effort.

2 comments:

Kaushik said...

Abishek seems to be attending and this is his 3rd?

Quark said...

ya but he left the punjab school on the very second day due to some personal problems..and I am also going (as an unofficial participant) to my 3rd main school this time ;)