Tuesday, December 28, 2010

New Year's Eve!

Maintaining the tradition of spending new year's eve in the capital, I am "planning" to leave for New Delhi tomorrow. I am saying "planning" because there is still chances of this trip getting ruined. There are some strikes going on in Rajasthan through which my train is supposed to pass through. The Gujjar community there are protesting against the government by blocking rail and road traffic. Their demand is around 5% reservations in education, jobs etc. Anyone can imagine how ridiculous the way of their protest is. As far as their demand is concerned, I would say all the Indian citizens should get reservations so as to remove the existing bias as well as to rule out such stupid agitations in future ;) My train has been diverted from the usual route I guess, and hopefully I will be able to reach New Delhi before new years' eve. The dense fog around the capital is another problem hitting both rail and air traffic. I am still optimistic about reaching Delhi somehow. I have to leave for Calcutta also for a workshop in SINP from 4th Jan-8th Jan'2011.

No comments: