Friday, December 24, 2010

DAE Symposium Jaipur

DAE symposium 2010 was in Jaipur this time as I had mentioned earlier. It was held in a brand new institute called L N Mittal Institute of Information Technology (LNMIIT), around 17 km away from the main city. The institute campus was really cool, and the organizers also did a great job I believe with the arrangement of food, accommodations etc. There were two things I did not like about the campus: it is located in a very deserted place away from the city and the campus has too many flies which keep annoying you in the lecture halls as well as in the dining room. The symposium brought many old friends together, it was really nice for me to be in a conference where more than half of the participants are known. Most of them, I met in various other schools in the last few years. This symposium was also very exciting for me since it was the first time I gave a talk in a conference. Although I was a little bit nervous, but my talk went quite well. Each day of the conference was divided into two sessions: one for plenary talks and the other for parallel sessions. The invited speakers for plenary talks were well-known experts in their respective fields and it was really great listening to them, particularly the talks by Sandip Trivedi, A Joshipura and others. Anyway it was a great academic experience for me. The non-academic experiences of Jaipur will follow this post shortly ;-)

No comments: