Thursday, November 18, 2010

DAE Symposium 13-18th Dec'2010, Jaipur

Finally my trip to Jaipur next month is finalized. The abstract I submitted got accepted for an oral presentation. I will be presenting my paper with the PRL guys on D-parity breaking and TeV scale left-right symmetry (http://compactified.blogspot.com/2010/06/arxiv-number-2.html ) . This is going to be the first conference where I will be giving an oral presentation. I am a little scared but I already have enough of such presentations in IITB, so won't be a big deal I guess. Apart from the main results of the paper, I might include some other stuff also which could be a mere proposal at this stage since I have not completed those studies in details. I am looking forward to meeting couple of old friends as well as some well-known people in HEP from all over India. Apart from that Jaipur is one of the hottest (not in terms of temperature :P) tourist destinations in India and most importantly I have never been there except the train station through which my train passed through on the way to Delhi many times. If time permits I am planning to go to Ranthambore, Bharatpur also. These are very famous for wildlife (specially tigers and migratory birds). December will be very tight it seems as I am also planning to come to PRL, Ahmedabad after the conference for some work. I am not at all sure about new years eve party this time. I might not be able to celebrate it in Delhi like in last couple of years. Hope it happens once again. Keeping my fingers crossed right now.

No comments: