Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Back from an awesome home trip!



I have come back to my institute yesterday after an awesome trip to my home. This was one of my best home trip in the last nine years. Durga Puja as well as my birthday came together within the 9 days stay at home. The birthday was as special as the date 10.10.10 was, I missed the bumps although which I would have got in hostel. Although I was in Assam during previous Durga puja as well, this time it was much better in terms of crowd as well as the weather. The weather was really cool. The days were sunny and the nights were rainy, keeping the temperature around 25 degree Celsius. There was no need of using fan in the night. The rain was a bit too much on the day of Mahanabami in Guwahati, but in my place (which is 170 km east of Guwahati) was much better with very little rain in the morning. I went to couple of places nearby my hometown to enjoy the Puja crowd. Assam was looking much better in Autumn than in Spring, which might be because of less rain in Autumn. During spring, it rains so much that there is hardly anything to enjoy. But now as the rainfall has decreased (not stopped although), you can enjoy the green and yellow paddy fields, the blue hills with little white clouds hanging over them. At the end of my stay I was hardly feeling like coming back unlike in most of my previous visits. Usually I get bored and feel like coming back to Bombay, but this time it was really different. I am really missing the days I spent with my family. I feel like going back again. I might need 2-3 more days to come back to normal hostel life, presently I am feeling complete blank :-(

No comments: