Saturday, September 25, 2010

End of a busy week in an awesome way :)

I was pretty busy for last 2-3 weeks. I know the word busy sounds very unusual with me. But this exception happened this time due to accidental presence of my guide in the institute campus for almost one month. Just like accidental presence of some symmetries become useful for us in Physics, so did my guide's presence, in a academic sense of course. I could almost finish editing my draft with him. We sat together 3 times (twice in his home), and edited it. I have to go through it carefully now and mail it to him for his approval so that it can be uploaded in arXiv. Editing the draft was not a very heavy task, but I had to be busy waiting for him in the department the whole day ;) . Out of them some days were successful when I could meet him. Apart from these three days when we edited this draft, there were some other discussion sessions as well where other group members also came to discuss on another problem which we are doing right now on metastable vacua in supersymemtric theories. Anyway after being busy with editing the draft, giving talks, taking part in discussions and of course waiting for guide in the department finally yesterday I said bye to him for next three months ;-) Last night I went for a party thrown by one of my senior in one of the canteens in the campus itself. That canteen has the peculiarity that they arrange such party if informed earlier. They cook the items separately in a much much better way than they serve usually. Yesterday the food was amazing and reminded me of my home food. Another awesome thing was today's football match between the students of our department. After a gap of more than 2 years I played football, that too with bare foot. Although I played for just half an hour, it was really nice. It's difficult to play such a tough game after such a huge gap. Anyway, my busy days are over now, don't have to go to the department for next three months except the day when I have TA duty :)

No comments: