Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Venice trip!

I managed to make a trip to Venice while coming back home from Trieste. My flight was on Saturday morning and I came from Trieste at 2 PM on Friday. Three of my friends also came with me. We reached Venice at around 5 PM. The weather was thankfully very shiny although it was raining like anything on Thursday. Venice was really different from other cities. The whole transport system in the city is based on boats. We did not take any boat ride although they are not very expensive compared to the famous Gondola. The city is pretty small like other Italian cities and we managed to walk around for sight seeing. We walked from the station to the piazza San Marco. That was the most famous place in the city I guess, there were lots of people there and some live concerts were also going on. It was a lovely atmosphere there. We stayed in the city till 10 pm and then took a bus to the airport. Venice airport is terribly small with hardly any shops inside. I could not find a shop to buy some food also, forget about my plans to buy chocolates and wine from there. We spent the whole night in the airport and then took flights at 7 am.

No comments: