Saturday, March 20, 2010

Trip to Bombay

I had a short trip to Bombay last weekend. But the main goal of the visit was not achieved. I planned to go there to meet a prof. but I came to know just one day before my trip that the prof wont be having time to talk to me. But still I did not cancel my trip since I made some other plans like meeting some friends, my sister and to bring some stuffs from Bombay which I don't find in Ahmedabad easily :P . The journey was pretty good, did not feel the scorching heat of summer as it was overnight journey. I reached my IITB hostel at around 7 am in the morning, had my favorite H13 breakfast. I wanted to download at least 100 GB entertainment stuffs from the LAN there, but unfortunately the "search" option in my dc++ was disabled and I had to look into every single user's shared items to look for the things I needed. I did not have much time as I had to leave the campus by 1 pm to go to meet some friends and cousins. But still I could download some 30 GB stuffs which would be okay for at least one month :P The weather in Bombay was very humid as well as hot, I found it more irritating than Ahmedabad even where its hot but not humid. One more interesting thing about the trip was that there was a girl whose seat was just next to me while going to Bombay, and the same girl had the seat eight position next to me while coming back, a great coincidence for me at least. I could also manage to bring some stuffs which could have put me into trouble, but thank god managed somehow, you know what I mean right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I m a regular visitor to ur blog. I admire the way u express urself...

U can add or write somthing about the upcoming conf/workshops etc. in hep.

Quark said...

Thanks!
I do that often but only those where I have applied or planning to apply. You can find the HEP conf/schools updates in SPIRES.(http://www.slac.stanford.edu/spires/conferences/)