Sunday, January 17, 2010

Awesome Banquet Dinner

Last night we had a banquet dinner at Fountain Hotel, Mahableshwar where the Asian Winter school is currently going on. It was really amazing.....the food, the drinks and specially the dance floor they arranged. Although they did not have any music to play other than typical bollywood dance numbers, nobody complained however. Forget about few Indians on the dance floor including me, the Japanese, Koreans, Chinese danced like anything. Many of the people on the dance floor had no idea what they were doing..I was dancing like I did on new year's eve in Delhi which my cousins said was really crazy. There were many funny things going on in the stage apart from the dance. Among them, there was a Chinese guy who was wearing a lungi which he bought from Kerala, and while dancing the lungi was falling down again and again :D. Some of the Japanese were dancing such a way that it looked like Kung Fu. The best part was the last ten minutes of our crazy dancing when we requested Kenneth Intriligator (Professor, UCSD) to come to the stage and to our surprise he did not refuse. He gave us good company till the end. It was really enjoyable and one of the best experiences in my life. I never thought I would someday dance like this in front of so many people from abroad. Sometimes I get confused whether I am dreaming all these things or did it really happen. Anyway, thanks to ICTS once again for such an awesome banquet dinner.

No comments: