Friday, October 9, 2009

Wake Up Sid

Yesterday I watched the movie called "Wake Up Sid" released recently starring Ranbeer Kapoor and Konkona Sen Sharma. Well, I won't say it is a good movie, but an average one. The story was all about Sid, son of a famous industrialist in Bombay and Ayesha, a struggling, hard-working young lady who has come from Calcutta to Bombay in search of work. When they first met, they were just on two opposite poles. Sid was very childish, immatured whereas Ayesha was well focused on her dream of getting established in Bombay. The story basically shows the transition of Sid from a stupid boy into a self-established hard working man. It has a happy ending where Sid becomes quite matured, hard-working and independent young man to make himself upto Ayesha's mark and live together. As it is obvious by now, the story has not much depth as we expect in a movie starring Konkona. I have no idea if I would have even bothered to write about the movie if Konkona were not there...:P. But I would obviously rate this movie thousand times better than movies like KANK, another Karan Johar film. The movie reminded me of a news which I saw in Times of India few days back which said Karan Johar had to apologise for using the word "Bombay" instead of "Mumbai" in this movie. I don't see what is wrong in it, after all so many people are still used to Bombay instead of Mumbai, Victoria Terminus instead of Chattrapati Shivaji Terminus etc and Karan might have just picked up two such real persons in his movie.

No comments: