Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Quantum Foundation Lecture 3 cancelled without any email notifications...

It was really embarrassing yesterday when I was sitting in the P C Saxena Auditorium for almost 20 minutes along with 6-7 other students hoping that sooner or later the lecture will happen. But I finally gave up and went to the physics department which is ten minutes walk from the auditorium. There I saw a small notice saying that the lecture has been canceled due to health problem of Prof Roy. But there could have been a better way to communicate the message. In fact, the people who used to make the video recording of the lectures also came to the auditorium and preparing for the recording when I left the place. I have no idea how long they as well as the other 6-7 students were waiting there. At least the message could have been put in the auditorium notice board. I don't think I will be enthusiastic enough to attend the remaining lectures. May be it is better to look at the lecture slides which will be put in the department website after the lecture ends.

No comments: