Wednesday, July 22, 2009

My Recent Home Trip

I have just come back from my home. The journey was pretty cool (which I never expect in general) in the company of Akram and Shibam (alias Cancer). Although the weather in Assam this time was unusually hot yet my stay there was really enjoyable as always. The first couple of days I stayed in Guwahati only for nothing in particular. This time there was a new train from Guwahati to my home. It was really nice to go by train considering the pathetic situation of the national highways in North-East India.
I also visited Tezpur University this time. It was a beautiful newly built campus. I met some old friends there. Hope I would be able to visit that campus again. In the last week of my stay I went to a place called Deopani in Karbi-Anglong district. The journey was great, we went through Kaziranga National Forest, Nambor forest and Gorompani to reach that place. There was a very old Durga Mandir there. Although I am not very religious kinda guy yet I enjoyed the journey.
Now after coming back to Mumbai, I am feeling so home-sick. May be I will need one or two weeks to get adjusted. I am also worried about my work in this semester. My guide will not be in Mumbai and I have to be here to do some stupid compulsory coursework. Anyway hope to do some good work of my own.

No comments: