Monday, February 23, 2009

Mt Abu trip

After around two months my stay in Ahmedabad, India I could go outside the city for a small trip. Life in Ahmedabad is like in a prison for me since I have to be in the institute from 9 am(breakfast time) to 9 pm(dinner time). Anyway thanks to Dr Ramesh K Singh (Professor in ME, IITB) who made our dream trip a reality. Believe me if you are planning to go for some trip please include him in your team. He is such an enthusiastic and energetic person that he can make anything happen. Anyway, we went to Mt Abu, Rajasthan. We were six together in the trip; me, Brijesh, Ramesh, Vishnu(Professor in IEOR, IITB), Subrata( Lecturer in Chemistry,IITGN), Abhijeet(lecturer in Economics, IITGN). We started from Ahmedabad on 21st Feb(Saturday) and reached Mt Abu at around 2 pm on the same day. We hanged around the town that day and in the evening went to the sunset point. I had lots of junk foods there which fortunately didn't make me sick.
The next day morning we went for trekking which was the most interesting part of our trip. We chose the so called "Tiger Path" for trekking. Thank God we did not see any tiger there!!! According to the local people there, that wild-life sanctuary has some bears, tigers also. It was an 8 km long trek and was really awesome. I did not even feel tired. We went to some tourist spots after that (e.g. Guru Shikhar, Dilwara temple etc) and came back to Ahmedabad. We reached around 8 pm. It was an awesome trip. Ramesh was really amazing. Now we are planning a trip to Leh in May-June with Ramesh and Co. I hope he will make it happen once again. Leh is like heaven on earth...if this trip happens my dream of going to Kashmir will come true..

No comments: