Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Physics as a Profession

I have no idea how far I would be able to go by opting research in physics as my profession. But the important thing is that life is really peaceful now. I know tough days are ahead. Its just the starting of my research career. I happens very rarely that people get a chance to work with some coolmax Prof like my supervisor is. I am working with him for almost two years. Starting with Friedmann cosmology, I have learned QFT, standard model of particle physics, Left-Right Symmetric Model(LRSM) , Supersymmetry(SUSY) basics as well as different SUSY models under him. Currently I am working on the SUSY left-right model and its collider/cosmological signatures. This model is basically an extension of the Standard Model where we incorporate two extra symmetries: Left-Right Symmetry and Supersymmetry. Details of the work will be posted later...

No comments: